October 11, 2013

Video of the week #2 - Hannah Maggs and What's in my make-up bag


Hello everyone! 
Another week has gone and it's time to share with you another video I have loved watching this week and also gave me a great idea for a blog post. This weeks video comes from the beautiful Hannah Maggs with her "What's in my make-up bag" video (exciting!).
For those of you who doesn't follow Hannah, she is a talented young make-up artist and beauty blogger who makes videos on You Tube too.
At the moment most of her blogs and videos concentrate on her pregnancy updates where she gives a insight into how her weeks are going, how the baby is growing and also her moods, feelings and all sorts of stuff "mummy to be" related.

Now, I'm not pregnant, but I really enjoy watching her videos! She has a natural, informal way of talking to her readers / viewers that makes her a real pleasure to listen to :)


As I mentioned before, watching Hannah videos gave me the idea of writing a blog post on What's in my make up bag, since I really enjoy knowing what other products beauty lovers are using which can give me tips on products to try :)

So here we go..


As some of you might know already, I try to cycle to work everyday..or I should say use to since the weather has not been great and for my laziness it's just the perfect excuse to take the bus instead...ehhm, anyway.. 
Cycling, walking, driving it doesn't matter what, I always carry with me my little beauty bag with the essential products I use or might need during the day / evening for a quick touch up. Here it's what I'm using mostly everyday for this autumn / fall.



  • Number 1: Face
For a quick touch up on the go for my face I've been loving the Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer in light, which is great for dark circles and brighting your under eyes area. For a smoother concealer I have been using L' Oreal True Match Concealer n.4 in Beige. I really reeaally like this one, I like the smooth consistency and the texture and it has a great coverage.
  • Number 2: Eyes
I have been showing this recent purchase on my Instagram and I'm so pleased with it, it's the KIKO Make up Milano Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow n.4 in Golden Chocolate. This has a gorgeous creamy shimmery eyeshadow, can easily be used for a smokey eye look and perfect for the autumn season.
Another staple that can't be missed in my make-up bag is a black eye line pencil. I bought this one from The Natural Collection and apart for being super cheap, it is a really pigmented long lasting pencil. The last eye product is of course a mini mascara: This is the No.7 Exceptional Definition Mascara in black. I really like this product, it makes your lashes very defined and natural looking. Great for everyday and can easily be built up for a more dramatic look.
  • Number 3:Cheeks
Now this product got me really excited, the KIKO Make up Milano Soft Touch Blush n. 105 in Dark Rose. This is a soft and very pretty dusty pink colour, which looks amazing on your cheeks. Very pigmented and long lasting, really impressed with that.
A more popular product is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Shimmer Touch n.004 Shimmering Sand. It's a quiet nice highlighter, although is a bit too sparkly for my taste. I always end up seeing lots of glitters all over my face but if used in small doses just to give a bit more light to the face, is great!
  • Number 4: Lips
A real must have product is the Moa The Green Balm lip balm. It's 100% natural, has a really light texture and feels and looks incredible on your lips. Recently I have loved wearing just a bit of this lip balm in combination with my new Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner n.02 in Pink Petal. A soft nude-pink lip colour, gives nice definition to your lips and it looks very natural when worn with just a lip balm or lip gloss.
Last but not least is another green product that I found in the beauty hamper I won during the Lypsso beauty event in London a couple of weeks ago (You can read more about it HERE). 
It's the Face Fact lipstick n.057 in Plum Brandy. It's a really good everyday lipstick, pink / plum matt shade, with a very creamy texture and high pigmentation. I was really happy with this since I like to wear more nude / natural colours for everyday use.

So this is it from me beauties. Let me know with a comment below what's your favourite product in your make-up bag at the moment and if you haven't done it yet, follow the gorgeous Hannah Maggs on You Tube and her beauty blog.

Baci,

Ila x

1 comment:

  1. Wow nice..

    http://www.angelnx.com/

    http://www.angelnx.com/Sarees

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

”related
 
The Cleanser beauty blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat